Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

From my "in" box

Dear Friends and Co-Workers,
Attached is an excerpt from a very heart-felt letter from my best friend of 15 years, Ryan Q.

On November 2nd 2005, he and his wife had a beautiful baby girl, Madalyn Kyra. Madalyn was born with a very fatal chromosome disease disorder called Trisomy 18. Unfortunately, this last Friday after 37 very special days of life she passed away at 8:00 in the evening.

After knowing Ryan and Janele for quite sometime, I can tell you that they are one of the most amazing couples and the greatest of best friends that a person could ask for. Ryan and Janele have always been here for me and I consider both of them family.

Attached is a letter that they had been working on and had planned to distribute to friends and family along with the attached photo as a Christmas card.

Ryan works for a local cable company as a cable installer and Janele is a waitress at the local Red Robin restaurant

As you can imagine, Ryan and Janele have accumulated some significant medical bills that were not covered under insurance, and they have also been struggling with their general day-to-day living expenses. All of their money was put forward to take care of baby Madalyn so they have fallen behind on the basics, such as rent and car payments. I was at their house Monday night and a person came by to repossess their car. Luckily the gentleman had a huge heart and said he would let them keep it for a couple more weeks so they might possibly be able to get caught up on payments.

For those with the ability to participate, as a fund raiser we are asking for donations to contribute to Ryan and Janele to help them make it through this very trying time. For those unable to participate your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Donations can be sent to our Eugene, OR branch were we will gather them together and present them as a gift to Ryan and Janele.

Thanks again for all of the support, thoughts and prayers; they are truly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eric D. R.

********************************

So, as you can well imagine, it made me cry. They sent pictures with the e-mail of this sweet little girl and my heart just melted. I know her parents are in agony and the financial burden surly makes it all worse. I (we) were fortunate that we did not have the financial burden this couple is now faced with.

My branch had an allowance for our Holiday dinner which we have decided to forgo and donate to this family. It was only a small amount of money ($140), but as we all know, every little bit helps.

It just never ends.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Can you email me with an actual address to donate to? Thanks.

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    me too please.
    pipsersmom@gmail.com
    this is what they thought lucy had. our nightmare became their reality.

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can you also email me with details on where to donate. This touches me deep down for so many differnt reasons. You may or may not understand this. I could have been right were they are at.

     
  • At 12:22 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    This makes me ache...how very sad. We lost both of our girls to chromosome defects, but much earlier on. I still can't imagine what they are going through...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home