Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Throw me a bone.

I can't concentrate. My whole life is hanging right now and it's making me insane (okay, more insane, hush KB.).

After two weeks of promises to return calls and send memos and get back to us, we still have nothing on the job. We don't know if they still want to go forward, we don't know if they are still going to send an offer, we got nothing. Last week we trudged on in hope that we'd hear something, anything. We got nothing. The head hunter keeps saying to hang in there, it's coming, they just have bigger stuff going on (their COO left and the HR guy lost his assistant). But, I keep thinking of I had a job I had been trying to fill for months, even having gone so far as to make an offer to a guy and having it fall apart, and I had a guy who fit, who fit well with the other players and who was calling and wanting to wrap things up, wouldn't I just want to get it off my desk? Out of the way, over, next?

I guess that's just me because these guys are just not cutting loose with any info. It's seriously pissing me off. I can't get anything done. I can't work because I can't keep focused...I mean, I could be giving my notice any damn minute! I can't even do anything to the house because we may be selling the damn thing! Argh! This sucks! I cannot focus!

People who tell me they can do something (we will get back to you by Friday), then miss a deadline they create (like 3 times now), really irritate me. If you set the date, you damn well better set a date you know you can make. I'm in sales, I have to live and die by the under-promise, over-deliver mentality. These over-promise, under-deliver people irritate the crap out of me.

Give me something, anything. Tell us you've decided to go another direction, whatever. Just give us something so we can move on already.

Jim has his interview in Springfield this week. He's pretty sure it will go very well. I'm worried about the company. It's a retail-type thing and retail scares me. Especially fast-growing retail development. In my experience, those things that grow fast, crash and burn just as fast. I don't want to do this again in 3 years. I like the idea of living in Springfield. Seems like a great place.

I feel so out of balance. So...just...out of it! I'm going to get fired before I can quit!

edited to add***they called. they are checking references...finally. more promises; they will get back to us in two days. I hope they do.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    Are people just freaking irresponsible? I remember interviewing for the job I have now in September or so, and the woman said she'd know something in a week, so if I hadn't heard from her to call back. I called one week later... then two weeks... then three weeks, when I sharply said that since I'd had the 'courtesy' to call back, I'd appreciate a similar 'courtesy' from her. The next day I got a call from the man who would be my boss. I didn't start till January though. What are people's problem?!

    Anyway - I hope this is all worth it for you.

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Oh, I hope that things work out in Springfield, you guys will like it here so much! And it's only going to be like 75 degrees here today, ahhhhhh.....

    Here's my email--lalaflutist [at] msn [dot] com, if there's anything you'd like to know about, maybe I can help :)

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Blogger pithydithy said...

    Argh! I hate unkept promises too. I hope that this is all resolved soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home