Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey!

I can't believe he's really dead. I mean, that sounds stupid because he should have died so many times, but really? A stingray? Shit.

I have long had a crush on Mr. Irwin. A secret-y in-the-closet kind fo crush. I spent my Y2K watching the Croc Hunter marathon instead of going out. Sad. But still. He's gone?

I'm sad. I'm sad for me, I'm sad for his family...those kids. So, so sad.

I know he was annoyingly up and happy all the time. Obnoxious even. But he was my secret favorite thing. I even have a plastic Steve Irwin on my desk. He's even wearing SCUBA gear and has a shark with him. Should have been a stingray. Who knew.

Dammit.

I've just spent 5 days with my in-laws. It was fabulous except for the part about my MIL being present. Bitch. That's another entry. Suffice it to say, she will see neither my daughter nor I for a very, very long time. She was a complete bitch to my 3 year-old daughter. A 75 year-old woman. WTF. Whose life is so miserable that they take their misery out on a kid. A kid who happens to be their grandchild. Fuck, I'm mad about that.

Anyway, details to follow. For now, crikey...it's sad.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Lisa P. said...

    I can't really believe it either. Especially the stories in the news today... pulling that barb out himself. *sigh* Sad news.

    I don't get bitter grandparents, at all. I'm glad I never had one myself and that all indications seem that once we actually have a kid, their grandparents will be awesome. Here's hoping keeping her away isn't more of a hassle.

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    So sorry about your MIL. That really sucks. And it's no win for your daughter too. I agree about Steve Irwin. So very sad.

     
  • At 1:22 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    That is strange about the sting ray. They keep going over how passive they usually are on the news and how it's really a freakish thing that he was killed from it!

    WTF is up with your MIL? What did she do to your daughter?! I'm bummed for you both.

     
  • At 7:10 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    I miss Steve too. We were gone all weekend and that was the first thing we saw on the news when we got back. Very shocking. Sorry to hear about the MIL. Mine was the same way and it sucked. Just do what I do -- send the DH by himself for visits.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home