Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another Celebrity Gripe

Just one more and then I will be done for today.

Last fall I was in my RE's office and in walks Penn Gilette of Penn & Teller fame. They are very famous magicians and have a show here in Vegas. Anyway, with him is his wife (I was thrilled because in w world where celebrity men marry the hot chick with the huge tits, this lady was normal and very sweet looking) and also his little daughter who was maybe 6 months old. I overheard them talking with my RE that they were trying again but this time with the goal of having a boy.

So today as I am supposed to be working, I am reading my People magazine. In the Passages section what do I see? Penn Gilette and his wife Emily are expecting a boy in June.

See, the thing is, I'd take anything. A boy, a girl, whatever. And there people out there selecting boy or girl and getting their wish.

And you want to know the best part? The sweet little girl I saw them with? They named that poor child Moxie Crimefighter. What the hell is that? I can live with Apple. But that?

Come the hell on people.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Yikes. I am speechless.

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh my freaking....oh. Wow. New people to add to my own celebrity gripe list....

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If I hear of one more person who aborts because it's not the sex they want, I would like to forever declare them barren. That pisses me off. I don't know if that's what they did, but I wouldn't put it past the Hollywood set. How insane.

    Come on, girl, you can count on Ali... ;)

    Rach

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    I saw a show on him once and he's a weird guy. He collects tattoos - from other people. Yes, I'm serious. He collects skin with people's tatts on them. I presume the people are dead and not excising great amounts of flesh for him.

    Moxie Crimefighter seems to be the most normal thing about him. And yeah, he's annoying (although I didn't always think that).

     
  • At 5:49 AM , Blogger KB said...

    I'll never understand how someone can want one gender over another. Even with 2 girls, I didn't "want" a boy. IT DIDN'T MATTER!! The CHILD was what was important, not gender!! UGH!

    And sometimes I wonder if celebs make up awful names and then just report that to the media, but have really chosen perfectly names for their children. KWIM? I sure hope so, cuz Moxie Crimefighter is AWFUL.

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger formerteacher said...

    You know, things like that REALLY piss me off! Since i have two boys, I am forever hearing,"Don't you want a girl?", "YOu NEED to have a girl". Or my favorite when I mention that I cannot get pregnant without HELP,"Well, they can gender select the sperm to make sure you have a girl." Or, "You can adopt a girl." I was seriously happy that I ended up having a healthy CHILD after all we'd been through. I mean isn't that what most people say when asked what they want to have? Course, maybe some people are just big liars. I don't know. This is a very sensitive issue for me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home