Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dilemma

As our transfer date approaches (2/10), I have been unble to think of much else besides the (however remote) possibility that I may already be pregnant. I've thought and thought and have even called my OB so as to ask the questions and not alert the RE on the chance that he'll cancel my cycle all together.

Well, that's the answer she gave. She says 10 dpo is too early for even a blood test and if I am sure I ovulated, we should wait out the cycle. She was kind enough to offer to call my RE herself, afterall they are lifelong buddies (didn't know that). Uh, no thanks. I'll decide (somehow) what to ask or if I will even bring it up.

So, I can keep my mouth shut and go ahead with the transfer as there is no real chance I could get a positive blood or home test by Friday. Or, I put the brakes on and we wait to see what happened this month.

I don't really like any of those options.

I don't like going ahead with the transfer if it could harm our chances with a possible already existing pregnancy plus if something goes wrong, we're out the possible and Ali. Not good.

I don't like cancelling it all together because guaranteed my buddy Murphy will step in and I will have nothing in 2 weeks to show for all of this. Plus, we're out most of the money for this cycle since we've used a lot of the meds and the costs of the office visits and bloodwork we've already done.

Why on earth did I ever think this was going to work out okay? What made me think this was no big deal?

Hell.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    I don't know if it helps at all, but I got a positive HPT at 9 dpo with 3 out of 4 of my pregnanices using a First Response Early Result. It's worth a try...

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    I think they may be able to find out with a blood test. You owe it to yourselves to be as informed as you can.

    Sending good thoughts!

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm right along with kathy mcc...thinking of you, sweetheart..

     
  • At 9:52 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    I have had positives as early as 10dpo with hpts. 8 dpo actually. What time is your transfer? A blood test takes an hour to run. I think it might be worth an early morning stick in the arm if you aren't supposed to be transferring until a little later. Sorry you are in such a conundrum:(

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Some people have gotten BFP at 10 DPO I would at least give it a try. But regardless I am wishing you the best of luck. I am sorry this has all been such a stress on you. GO Ali!!!!!

     
  • At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I got a positive at 10 DPO with my last pregnancy. I'm absolutely POSITIVE that I was 10 DPO because I have cramping when I ovulate, so I know the exact date of conception. Hope this helps.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home