Discovering Me

Me on having babies, losing babies, trying to have babies and hoping to bring this one home.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Mom Rocks

I don't remember if I mentioned this after I was at my mom's in June, but she's been a very busy girl.

She's getting ready for this big move to Malaysia and has been cleaning out her fabric from various things she has made over the years. She started making crib quilt tops just as a way to use th fabric and before she knew it she had 10 tops. She said she wanted to donate them in Audrey's name when they were finished.

So, the other day I get a package with a small photo album with picture after picture of these darling quilts. The front page is titled "Quilts for Audrey."

My mom enclosed a note that basically said she thought about her sweet girl and missed her everyday and she wanted to do something for other little babies. So she's made and sent these quilts to "For the Love of Babies" (thanks Catherine) in Audrey's name. Each one has a little heart stitched inside with Audrey's name and birthdate.

She said she will make and send 10 of them every year to charities all over the world in Audrey's honor...all over the world since she will soon be quite the world traveler. She said she hoped that there would be little babies snuggled and warm in quilts from Audrey all over the world.

I lover her. She's amazing.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Are you gonna share the pictures?

     
  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger Kathy McC said...

    Wow...you're so lucky. What a wonderful woman.

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger lorem ipsum said...

    That's amazing. She is amazing. I'm sad Audrey never got to know her. But maybe in a way she does.

    What's up with the move to Malaysia? Do tell.

     
  • At 8:47 PM , Blogger Amy said...

    I agree. You do have an amazing mom. I hope you will share some pictures of the quilts here. I would love to see them too.

     
  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger Jillian said...

    Wow! What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl! I would love to see these quilts too...

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger kate said...

    Wow, that is amazing! Your mom is so excellent! I would *love* to see a picture...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home